UV system for high performance bonding, sealing and coating
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Passes USP Class VI testing
- High flexibility and toughness
- Moderate viscosity
Master Bond UV15X-6Med-2 is a one component, medium viscosity UV system featuring high flexibility, excellent toughness and superior abrasion resistance. It can be used for a wide variety of applications including bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation. Its robust flexibility allows it to withstand severe thermal cycling as well as resisting thermal and mechanical shocks. UV15X-6Med-2 bonds well to a variety of substrates, especially glass, polycarbonates and acrylics as well as many other plastics, metals and rubbers. It has good chemical resistance to water, cleaning agents, chemical sterilants, EtO and gamma radiation. UV15X-6Med-2 is a top notch thermal and electrical insulator with a service temperature range of -80°F to +250°F. The material fully passes USP Class VI testing, making it an ideal “go to” material in applications where this requirement is needed.
UV15X-6Med-2 generally cures readily in 10-30 seconds when exposed to a UV light source emitting at a wavelength of 320-365 nm with an energy output as low as 20-40 milliwatts/cm². The rate of cure depends upon the system’s distance from the light source, the thickness of the section and of course the intensity of the light source. It should be noted that the system can cure in sections approaching 1/4 inch thick. However, when bonding, sections of a few thousandths of an inch are more than adequate. Most importantly, UV15X-6Med-2 does not display oxygen inhibition. This system is widely used in medical device manufacturing and specialty applications where USP Class VI requirements are desirable.
- One part system with no mixing needed
- Cures fast upon exposure to 320-365 nm UV light at ambient temperatures. No oxygen inhibition
- Highly reliable thermal and electrical insulator
- Outstanding flexibility, toughness and abrasion resistance
- Performs well in withstanding rigorous thermal cycling as well as thermal and mechanical shocks
- Superb non-yellowing capabilities
- Meets USP Class VI requirements
UV15X-6Med-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.