One component UV-curable system for bonding, sealing and encapsulation
- High viscosity system
- Meets NASA low outgassing specifications
- Very good temperature resistance profile
- Excellent optical clarity
- Withstands harsh chemicals
- Fast curing upon exposure to UV light source
Master Bond UV10TKLO-2 is a special one component UV curable epoxy modified system for high performance bonding, sealing and encapsulation. This unique system has passed rigorous testing to meet low outgassing specifications, as per NASA ASTM E-595. UV10TKLO-2 has exceptionally high clarity and cures readily at room temperature when exposed to UV light. The ideal wavelengths for curing are 320-365 nm and the desired energy is 20-40 milliwatts per cm². The UV system is not inhibited by oxygen.
UV10TKLO-2 offers outstanding resistance to water as well as to various acids, bases and solvents. The epoxy features superior physical strength properties and its service temperature range is from -60°F to +400°F. UV10TKLO-2 can be cured in thicker sections, up to 1/16 of an inch and can be easily “layered” to higher levels. Most significantly, the low outgassing properties enable this UV to be used in a wide array of optical, electro-optical and vacuum applications that until now have been “off limits” for UV curable epoxies. It should be noted that to optimize cured properties, UV10TKLO-2 should be post cured at 80-100°C for a few hours.
- One component: no mixing required
- Exceptionally fast curing with UV light source
- Not oxygen inhibited
- High viscosity with excellent clarity and light transmission
- Excellent physical strength, electrical insulation and chemical resistance profile
- Meets NASA low outgassing test, ASTM E-595, specifications
- Superb electrical insulator
UV10TKLO-2 is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.