Two part high performance epoxy for bonding, sealing and encapsulation
- Thermally conductive
- Excellent electrical insulator
- Long working life
- Passes NASA low outgassing test requirements
- Unrivaled dimensional stability
- Exceptionally high temperature resistance
Master Bond EP46HT-2AO Black is a two component epoxy system for demanding bonding, sealing and encapsulation applications where thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and high temperature resistance are required. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. EP46HT-2AO Black is formulated to cure rapidly and requires a cure temperature of 250°F or more. An optimal curing schedule is 3-4 hours at 250-300°F followed by a post cure of 2-3 hours at 350-400°F. The glass transition temperature is quite high, exceeding 200°C
and the service temperature range is -100°F to +500°F. Once cured, EP46HT-2AO Black features exceptional physical and mechanical properties, along with exquisite dimensional stability. It bonds well to a wide variety of substrates including metals, glass, ceramics, composites, various rubbers and many plastics. It is a highly functional electrical insulator. It has very good chemical resistance to water, fuels, oils, acids and bases. Most importantly, it passes NASA low outgassing testing. The color of Part A is black and Part B is gray. This high powered combination of product properties allows this system to be used in challenging applications in aerospace, electronics, optoelectronics and in vacuum environments.
- Extremely forgiving mix ratio
- Very long open time at room temperature
- Top notch heat resistance
- Noteworthy thermal conductivity combined with fine electrical insulation values
- High quality dimensional stability
- Meets NASA low outgassing requirements
EP46HT-2AO Black is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.