Two component epoxy compound for medical device assembly
- USP Class VI approved
- High temperature resistant
- Sterilization resistant
- Cures at room temperature or elevated temperatures
- Serviceable from -60°F to 450°F
- Paste consistency
Master Bond Polymer System EP42HT-2ND-2Med Black is a room temperature curable two component epoxy, adhesive and sealant featuring high temperature resistance along with outstanding chemical resistance. It is widely used in medical devices because of its capability of withstanding repeated sterilizations, including radiation, ethylene oxide, chemical sterilants, and steam. In addition, it fully complies with the testing requirements of USP Class VI plastics. It has a paste consistency with minimal flow when applied. Its color is black. EP42HT-2ND-2Med Black cures readily at ambient or more quickly at elevated temperatures.
EP42HT-2ND-2Med Black has an easy to use 100:40 mix ratio by weight or 100:50 by volume. The cured epoxy compound is resistant to various types of sterilizations, inorganic and organic acids, alkalis, organic solvents and aromatic hydrocarbons. EP42HT-2ND-2Med Black is an excellent electrical insulator and is serviceable from -60°F up to 450°F. To optimize physical properties, including heat resistance, an overnight cure at room temperature followed by heat curing at 100-125°C for 2-3 hours is recommended. The special nature of the adhesive enables it to be widely used in applications where there is repeated autoclaving.
- Convenient 100 to 40 mix ratio by weight or 100 to 50 by volume
- Can be used as adhesive, sealant, coating, potting or encapsulation compound
- Withstands multiple cycles of medical sterilization
- Outstanding resistance to radiation, EtO, chemicals and steam
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases and many solvents
EP42HT-2ND-2Med Black is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.