Flexibilized, two component epoxy-urethane system for bonding, sealing, casting and encapsulation applications
- USP Class VI approved
- Superb abrasion resistance
- Low water absorption
- Cryogenically serviceable
- Excellent electrical insulation properties
- Resists thermal cycling
Master Bond EP30DPMed is a versatile, two component, epoxy-urethane elastomeric compound, featuring superior strength, toughness, and abrasion resistance for high performance bonding, sealing, casting and encapsulation. It combines the performance characteristics of epoxy resins such as strength, chemical resistance and adhesive qualities, with those of the polyurethanes including toughness, abrasion resistance and flexibility. In addition EP30DPMed can be used at cryogenic temperatures. This product is ideal for disposable medical devices requiring gamma, EtO and EBeam sterilizations. EP30DPMed can be cast in thick cross sections, (e.g., several inches) without the development of undue exotherm during cure. It is formulated to cure at ambient temperatures or more rapidly at elevated temperatures. This system is 100% reactive and does not contain any solvents or diluents. One noteworthy property of EP30DPMed is that it can be more easily removed than conventional epoxies.
EP30DPMed system cures with minimal shrinkage to a durable, high strength and tough elastomeric solid with remarkably good resistance to thermal cycling, chemicals, water, inorganic salts, alkalis and acids. Serviceable over the exceptionally wide temperature range of 4K to +250°F. Adhesion to metals, concrete, glass, ceramics, wood, vulcanized rubbers, and many plastics is excellent. The cured compound is a superior electrical insulator. Color of Part A is clear amber, Part B clear yellow. EP30DPMed is widely utilized in many different applications related to medical device manufacturing. It does not contain any free isocyanate and is quite safe to use when proper industrial hygiene practices are observed.
- Versatile curing at ambient temperature or faster at elevated temperatures
- High impact strength, fatigue resistance and flexibility
- Superior retention of mechanical, chemical properties upon thermal cycling
- Low water absorption, low moisture permeability, high hydrolytic stability
- Readily repairable, easily removed with xacto knife, razor blade, or similar type tool
- Lower viscosity, ideal for medium to large castings
EP30DPMed is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.