In several published research articles, patents, and manufacturers’ specifications, scientists and engineers have identified EP21TDCS-LO for use in their applications due to its unparalleled performance in one or more areas. The table below highlights two research applications that use Master Bond EP21TDCS-LO.
Durable, high strength two component epoxy for bonding and sealing
- High electrial conductivity
- Low volume resistivity
- Outstanding toughness
- Withstands rigorous thermal cycling
- Cryogenically serviceable
- Passes ASTM E595 for NASA low outgassing
Master Bond EP21TDCS-LO is a two component, silver filled, electrically conductive adhesive for high performance bonding and sealing formulated to cure at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures. Unlike the majority of two part silver conductive epoxy systems, EP21TDCS-LO has a one to one mix ratio by weight or volume. It readily develops a high bonding strength of more than 850 psi tensile shear and a T-peel strength of greater than 5 pli when measured and cured at 75°F. It is 100% reactive and does not contain any diluents or solvents. The volume resistivity of the cured system is less than 10-3 ohm-cm.
EP21TDCS-LO can be applied with minimal sagging or dripping even on vertical surfaces. The high strength bonds are remarkably adaptable to thermal cycling and resistant to chemicals including water, oil and most organic solvents. EP21TDCS-LO operates over the exceptionally wide temperature range of 4K to +275°F enabling it to be serviceable even in cryogenic applications. Adhesion to metals, glass, ceramics, vulcanized rubbers and many plastics is excellent. Parts A and B are both colored silver. EP21TDCS-LO adhesive is widely used in the electronic, electrical, computer, semiconductor, microwave and appliance and industries, among others.
- Convenient mixing: 1 to 1 by weight or volume
- Contains no volatiles
- Easy application: contact pressure only required for cure; adhesive spreads evenly and smoothly
- Versatile cure schedules: ambient temperature cures or fast elevated temperature cures as required
- High electrical conductivity
- High bond strength to similar and dissimilar substrates
- Superior durability, thermal shock and chemical resistance
- Outstanding toughness; much less rigid than conventional silver epoxy
- Passes NASA low outgassing testing
EP21TDCS-LO was cited in a paper titled "Ultrahigh Vacuum Cryostat System for Extended Low Temperature Space Environment Testing" by Justin Dekany, Robert H. Johnson (Utah State University), Gregory Wilson, Amberly Evans, JR Dennison (Utah State University). For more information click here.
EP21TDCS-LO is available is various sizes and units to accommodate customer's needs.